There is substantial interaction between the groups, for instance in the following areas:
- Risk measures in finance and insurance (Molchanov, Ziegel)
- ISO-COW (Dümbgen, Ziegel)
- Statistics for Climate and Meteorology (Ginsbourger, Ziegel)
- Kernel methods (Dümbgen, Ginsbourger)
- Density estimation (Dümbgen, Ginsbourger, Ziegel)
- Set estimation (Ginsbourger, Molchanov)
These collaborations are reflected by reading group activities, joint publications, and joint supervisions within theoretical frameworks as well as applied ventures with further institutes and partners.